Travel Guarantee Fund
The purpose of the "Fund" is to collect and manage the necessary economic resources so that - in accordance with the provisions of the article of art. 47 of the Tourism Code, as last amended by Legislative Decree no. 62 of 21 May 2018, transposing and implementing EU Directive 2015/2302, in the event of insolvency or bankruptcy of the organizer, in the case of organized tourism contracts entered into with a Member of this Fund and concerning foreign travel and trips that take place within a single country - are provided to the tourist:
- The refund of the price paid for the purchase of the tourist package;
Definition of tourist package
Art. 33, lett. c) of the Tourism Code, as last amended by Legislative Decree no. 62 of 21 May 2018, transposing and implementing EU Directive 2015/2302
(c) "package" means the combination of at least two different types of tourist services for the same trip or vacation, if at least one of the following conditions occurs:
1) these services are combined by a single professional, also at the request of the traveler or in accordance with his selection, before a single contract is concluded for all the services;
2) these services, even if concluded with separate contracts with individual tourism service providers, are:
2.1) purchased at a single point of sale and selected before the traveler consents to payment;
2.2) offered, sold or invoiced at a flat or global price;
2.3) advertised or sold under the denomination "package" or similar denomination;
2.4) combined after the conclusion of a contract with which the professional allows the traveler to choose from a selection of different types of tourist services or purchased from distinguished professionals through connected booking processes electronically where the traveler's name, payment details and the e-mail address is sent by the professional with whom the first contract is concluded to one or more professionals and the contract with the latter or these last professionals is concluded at the latest 24 hours after confirming the booking of the first tourist service.
The Fund does not intervene
- When the refund request concerns contracts other than those concerning the acquisition of a tourist package, such as contracts for the purchase of a single service (such as for example only a stay or only a flight), of a timeshare , etc.;
- If compensation is requested for damage from a ruined holiday or any other property or non-pecuniary damage, legal costs, even if the organizer or the intermediary have been sentenced with a final judgment and in the meantime have become insolvent or bankrupt;
- If the matter concerns contractual breach by the organizer or intermediary, such as hotel accommodation other than the agreed one, poor quality of services provided, etc .;
- If there is no causal link between the insolvency or bankruptcy of the organizer and the failure or partial enjoyment of the tourist package
- For the insolvency or non-payment of the Travel Agency where the traveler purchased the package;
- In case of bankruptcy of the carrier whose flight has been included in the Tour Operator package.
Colatei Assicurazioni S.r.l.
Agenzia Generale di Roma della Vittoria Assicurazioni S.p.A.
Via Cipro 4V - 00136 Roma
Tel. +39 06 39731729 - Fax +39 06 39731728
Mail: email@example.com - PEC firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.colateiassicurazioni.com